First National Bank $10 Note  1929
$10 U.S. National Currency banknote issued by the First National Bank of
Webster between 1929 and 1932.
Prior to the Federal Reserve banks becoming the primary distribution points for currency (in 1935), individual banks around the country were chartered as distribution points and overprinted their names and locations on the bill faces.
The First National Bank was established in Webster in 1875. Located at the corner of Main and Mechanic Sts., the bank flourished under the leadership of some of the town's most prominent citizens. Not only was the Main St. building expanded and modernized over the years, two branch offices were constructed in Dudley and Oxford around 1957. Bank officers in 1959 were: Spaulding Bartlett, Chairman of the Board (whose signature is visible on the lower right of the bill); William A. Cash, President (whose signature is visible on the lower left); Ernest R. McGuiness, vice president and cashier; Miss Marguerite Small, assistant cashier; Earl H. Mason, assistant cashier and auditor; A. Lee Dudek, assistant auditor; Paul A. Lusignan, assistant manager, Loan Dept.; Robert K. Christman, manager, Oxford Branch; Miss Jessie H. Wisniewski, manager, Dudley Branch.
-Courtesy Of
Dr. William Stefanov

Copyright© OldeWebster 2001
send comments/suggestions to:
webmaster@oldewebster.com