The Brick Bar  1940
Andy Stefanik ran this night club that was located right on Webster Lake where the Thompson Road marina is located. The "Brick" featured bands and dancing on the weekends and was a very popular spot with the locals, quenching their thirst after Prohibition ended in 1933. Gasoline rationing during WWII kept folks from driving to a place on the edge of town, so business was suffering around 1945 when the owners of the property wanted the building for their own use. Andy closed the Brick Bar and purchased an empty lot on East Main St. where the old Colonial Athletic Club had stood before it burned down. He built "Andy's Restaurant" which opened on Labor Day 1947. The building housed a bar, dining room and kitchen downstairs and two large apartments upstairs.
-Courtesy Of
Jeff Stefanik

Copyright© OldeWebster 2001
send comments/suggestions to:
webmaster@oldewebster.com