Webster-Dudley Country Club  1950's
Webster-Dudley Golf Club, formed by local residents to build a golf course secured an option on the so-called Williams Farm in Dudley, owned by Victor Ethier on Jan. 10, 1926. After World War II, the above building, which served as the clubhouse and restaurant, was owned and operated for many years by Dorilla and Blanche Dery, until it was destroyed by fire Jan.1, 1964. The land that the golf course is on belongs to the Webster Dudley Golf Club, Inc. and was leased to Nichols College. This lease expired a few years ago. The land where the present golf club stands and the parking lot are leased from Nichols College, for a dollar, for many years to come.
-Courtesy Of
Ed Patenaude

Copyright© OldeWebster 2001
send comments/suggestions to:
webmaster@oldewebster.com