Old Slater Company Store  1958
The building served as the "company store" for the Slater South Village Mills as early as 1849, selling dry goods and groceries and later, dairy products supplied by the Slater Farm at North Village. For years one of the largest retail businesses in the town, the Slater South Village stores closed in 1909. For some time it was used as the Burling Department for the South Village Mill and later converted to office use. Later the building houses the payroll office for American Woolen Co., office of Attorney Alfred S. Erlich, Joseph F. Gibney Insurance, Everett Olds Bike Shop. Building was torn down in 1965 to construct the Webster Credit Union, now called the Webster First Federal Credit Union.
-Courtesy Of
OldeWebster

Copyright© OldeWebster 2001
send comments/suggestions to:
webmaster@oldewebster.com