Slater Monument Dedication  1968
The dedication of the Samuel Slater Memorial marking the 200th anniversary of his birth, was held on June 9, 1968, on Rt. 16 near the site of the original Green Mill which he had built in 1812. On hand were from left, Frederick D. Brown of Webster, great-great grandson of Sam Slater; Godfrey S. Rockefeller, chairman of the Board of the Cranston Print Works Co.; Alexander Slater, Samuel Slater, Horatio Nelson Slater IV, who made the dedication; State Rep. John P. Ivascyn; Chairman of Webster selectmen William J. Markiewicz; Selectman Roger N. Chabot; Mrs. Bennett Smith, President of the W-D Historical Society, and Rev. David T.P. Bradley, rector of the Church of Reconciliation, who delivered the benediction.
-Courtesy Of
Webster Times

Copyright© OldeWebster 2001
send comments/suggestions to:
webmaster@oldewebster.com