THESE PLAYERS MADE BARTLETT-SOUTHBRIDGE SERIES HISTORY
1. Frank Kujawski, Bartlett, 1921 (Kujawski of Bartlett scored four TD's against Southbridge but not in a Thanksgiving game. His feast came on November 5, 1921, first of two games played that year against Southbridge.
1. Roland (Lefty) Varin, Wells, 1951
1. Jim McKinstry, Wells, 1920
THREE TOUCHDOWN PASSES
1. George Muzea, Bartlett, 1955
TWO TOUCHDOWN PASSES
1. Ed Stefanik, Bartlett, 1928
LONGEST TOUCHDOWN RUNS
1. Ismael Ayala, Southbridge, 2000, 97 yards
1. Harry Love, Bartlett, 1925, picks up fumble, runs 20 yards for only score to beat Wells, 6-0.
LONGEST PASS PLAYS FOR TOUCHDOWNS
1. John Lango to Bob Fantaroni, Southbridge, 1964, 79 yards.
PASS INTERCEPTIONS FOR TOUCHDOWNS
1. Ted Farland, Wells, 1934, 95 yards.
GREAT COMEBACK VICTORIES
1933 -- Nicholas Mikolajczak (Mickey Nichols) of Bartlett runs for one score and passes to Joe Piasta for another as Bartlett rallies to beat Wells, 14-6.
1972 -- Dario Ciovacco hits Bob Maramo with a 4-yard TD pass with 11 seconds left in the game as Southbridge wins, 6-0.
1973 -- Dario Ciovacco throws 31-yard strike to Scott Varin to lead Southbridge to a 22-21 come-from-behind win.
1974 -- Trailing 9-0, Southbridge comes back amd defeats Bartlett, 44-15 on scores by Marv Caron, Bob Trahan, Stu Curboy, Ken LeBlanc and Pete Burzycki.
1979 -- Trailing 14-0, Southbridge rallies for 39-20 win behind quarterback Mark Palmerino.
1986 -- Behind 7-6 with less than two minutes to play, John Lamontagne scores and Dave Ceppetelli hits Dave Chlapowski with a TD pass as Bartlett takes it, 14-7.
CAPTAIN VINCENT SABATINELLI
1969 --- Joe Tokarz --- BHS
HARRY J. McMAHON BIANNUAL
1985 --- Nick Miglionico --- BHS
SERIES DEFINITELY "ALL IN THE FAMILY"
Ted and Nicko Avlas
Copyright© OldeWebster 2001
send comments/suggestions to: